All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rescue centre refuses to return lost dog to owner because they found the dog a 'better' home

2 posters

Go down

Rescue centre refuses to return lost dog to owner because they found the dog a 'better' home Empty Rescue centre refuses to return lost dog to owner because they found the dog a 'better' home

Post by Eleanor Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2573424/Rescue-shelter-sells-4yos-lost-dog-better-home-despite-owners-family-going-great-lengths-track-pet-love.html

Not everything's black and white, but I completely disagree with what the rescue centre did! A four-year-old child is now left devastated because of the elitism of the rescue centre. I understand that the adoption had already taken place, but the information from the owner had already been sent through before the adoption.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Rescue centre refuses to return lost dog to owner because they found the dog a 'better' home Empty Re: Rescue centre refuses to return lost dog to owner because they found the dog a 'better' home

Post by Hayley Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:22 pm

Thats awful! I would be livid! I really hope the family take them to court.
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Rescue centre refuses to return lost dog to owner because they found the dog a 'better' home Empty Re: Rescue centre refuses to return lost dog to owner because they found the dog a 'better' home

Post by Eleanor Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Not sure that they could, unfortunately. If I was the adopter though, I'd contact the rescue family in order to return the dog to his original owners.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:31 pm

The rescue would probably pts saying it was unsuitable for any home now just to prove a point! The owners should have checked the shelter, yes, but when it was found out it was that dog then the adoption should have been stopped until an investigation happened. All these bull shitters saying "if the owner had looked after it properly this wouldn't have happened" are infuriating me, the dog was booked in to have microchip and spay and dogs sometimes just get out. Hardly a reason to refuse to give it back!
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:42 pm

Exactly. Is every lost dog the by-product of an irresponsible owner? Nope! They received the adoption enquiry from the original owners before the adoption took place, so that's their fault.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down