All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There's a "Mole" in my house.

+2
Shisa
tracyp
6 posters

Go down

There's a "Mole" in my house. Empty There's a "Mole" in my house.

Post by tracyp Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:20 am

Not an actual mole. She's mum's dog, (a mini schnauzer with epilepsy) named Molly. I call her "the mole" because she is! (I just love her to bits. & she's here quite often on a play date chasing Tyson madly.) She doesn't give Tyson 3secs of peace. Shes 4yrs & thinks she's 4mths old. She knows not to annoy Jess as she'll get told of by Jess but with Tyson.... there are no limits to playing, running, jumping, basically just acting like idiots.

Tyson will put up with anything she does. "Tyson   love  Molly. Tyson is into anything she gets into.  happy

The Mole. She'd been to the beauty parlor this morn & was so pretty when I met mum to collect her. 5 mins in the yard with Tyson & her face was filthy! I may have to bath her before I drop her back home. rolling on floor
There's a "Mole" in my house. 20150618_160327

Miss Molly & Tyson.
Tyson wasn't happy, she was sitting on his foot.  evil There's a "Mole" in my house. 20150618_160548

All together.
Check out Jessies face.... oh god...her? You know she never stops. not talking
There's a "Mole" in my house. 20150618_154044

I will take Molly home on sat after they come from hospital. (My step dad is having surgery) Then I will have "little Jess" from sunday for a few days as her dad goes away.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

There's a "Mole" in my house. Empty Re: There's a "Mole" in my house.

Post by Shisa Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:54 pm

It'll be good for Tyson. Work off all those treats naughty dad keeps giving him. laughing
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:32 pm

Truer words have never been spoken!

They ran & played, "fights"for hrs. Miss molly does a great "staffy play grumble/growl". laughing

Con came home at 11.45pm, had dinner... 3 dogs got leftover gravey.. shocked & not 10 mins later... I'm off to bed he says...

Tyson was on our bed before con got in the room. Molly has exhausted him! disco
Then it's little jess (the chihuahua X) the day after Molly goes home.

Brilliant! I can relax our walkies routine for about a week & put my feet up. thumbs up
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:25 pm

Molly's a pretty little girl - I've often thought about getting a miniature Schnauzer - do you think they'd mix well with my GSDs?
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:39 am

Lorraine wrote:Molly's a pretty little girl - I've often thought about getting a miniature Schnauzer - do you think they'd mix well with my GSDs?

Yes. I don't see why not? As long as the GSD is both trained & socialized. They are quite robust little dogs though Molly would flee from aggression.  (She bolts if the cat chases her.)

Saying that... Molly also dives into the middle of my two rough playing while jumping back when the volume is turned up. But she is also the first one to start play 9/10 times.

Mini schnauzer's are a lovely breed. Very owner focused, yet they do listen to their own mind.

If all are social I can't see a problem except.... with Molly.. she likes to push in. She wants far more attention than any of my "larger" dogs.

Last edited by tracyp on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:34 am

Sadly, this visit has not been all fun & play.

I woke this morn at 8am.. (we live on afternoon shift hrs. Our day ends at 2am for bed time. 10 am is our 6am to most.)Tyson was between us snoring... Molly had snuck up on the bed, sleeping by my feet. Jess was in her bed on her back, all 4 feet in different directions.(is that comfortable? ) confused  I fell back to sleep.

I woke to my bed shaking.... tysons going to be sick....no, he wasn't. Molly is sick.. no! She was having a seizure!  Sh1t! Wake up! I grabbed her, held her. She was so stiff & violently shaking, saliva running from her mouth, her breathing was completely iratic.  I turned her on her chest, held her mouth open, head up to let air in. The siezure didnt stop. "Con! Molly is having a fit!" (He was asleep, but I didn't care) I carried her to the lounge rug & held her rigid body till she stopped convulsing. Got con to get our dogs outside as I know, they are often scared & aggressive after a fit as they dont know what has happened to them. Tyson was in the way trying to get to her... his friend was not right! He wanted to get to her but right then was not what I needed to deal with. Jess was also pushing in to get to her. They both knew Molly was in distress!

Con! Put them out now!!!

She "snapped" out of it as quickly as it started & bolted to the study. She was disoriented & aggressive. (Molly doesn't have an angry bone in her body, but she was looking to draw blood or take flesh. She was vicious!) So I just sat on the floor in the study talking to her as she backed herself as far into the corner under the desk as she could all the while snarling & snapping at me. For such a small dog.... she was vicious!!! She was looking for the jugular vein or an arm.

She is not an aggressive dog by any standard! She was scared, disoriented,  frightened. She had no idea what had just happened to her!

I just sat there with her, waiting for her to attack me. She was a nasty little girl..."good girl, come mole...its ok..... come babe...good girl...ok, I won't touch you...that's a good girl."

10 mins later.... you wouldn't know anything had happened! She was fine & playing with my dogs, ate breakfast, played in the yard with the dogs, cat, chooks.

Jesus! Do I ring mum? It's their dog. I'd want to know immediately! But, She's at the hospital right now looking after my step dad. Hmmmmm, do I? Don't I? I made the call. My step dad should be under by now.

The surgeon is an hr + late. They are  sitting together waiting. FFS. Mum... just say.... yes, sure, ok.... & listen to what I say. My step dad loves molly to the point of paranoia. He dose not need to hear this as he goes into surgery. Mum will be fine. We just deal with the cards at hand. But my step dad... no... he doesn't deal well with these issues, he gets upset instead of facing whats going on. A cut finger is like a severed limb to him. He dosent need this info at this time.

Apparently all her seizures have been in the morning. She is fine now, playing,  eating, drinking. But... if she has another one I will take her to my vet to contact her vet as she hasnt had a siezure since being on medication.

I think it's due to the excitement of seeing & playing with mine, + the fact that she comes here often but always goes home, + her belief that her mum & dad have left her.... I think she stressed herself out.

Sorry for the book. I didn't know what was going on. Waking up to.. is someone going to be sick?  Realising Molly was fitting, wake up now! Move! & I'm just coming down from an adrenaline rush.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:38 am

hug What a scary experience, the adrenaline must be pumping quite fast. I hope Molly, you & Con, and your mum & stepdad are all ok.
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:14 am

Oh, poor little girl, she mist have been so scared! So must you and Con, not to say how the other dogs must've felt!

Good job you're calm & level headed, or it could've been a whole lot worse. I think you're right, the excitement & stress were just too much for her. Is she still okay now?
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:31 pm

She is fine. Current snuggled up in Tysons blanket on the couch. My step dad is also fine..... wanting his girl back.

I will meet them tomorrow morn in a small town as they go home to return her. He can't walk,  mum is stressed, but molly is ok & willl be so happy to see them. She loves my guys but, she is a home girl.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Oh Tracy, what a stressful time for all of you. Isn't it sod's law that these things come all in a bunch.

I'm glad to hear that you are all OK now though - hug s to all of you
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:54 am

Cheers lydda.  hug
 I slept so lightly last night with my foot touching her so I would feel any movement from her.

She was fine. I got up, fed them & (how lovely) my heart was full of warmth as I watched Molly play with Chilli. Chilli play swiping Molly... Molly running as Chilli chased her. Then Molly chased Chilli. Chilli hid around the trunk till Molly came close.... they were both running after the other till Tyson decided... "that's enough" you two & stood between them.  hug

Molly! You can't chase my cat!
Chilli! Leave Molly alone! I'm da boss & no one is allowed to play rough. rolling on floor

It was just beautiful.

I met mum, returned Molly. She was so excited to see them both. Tyson was sad all afternoon looking for her.

He'll be ok... his friend "Little Jess" will be here tomorrow for a few days.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:54 pm

Poor Molly! sad Well done you, for staying calm!

Please do tell me to buzz off if I'm poking my nose in where it's not wanted, but if she has another seizure when you're there, turning off the lights, giving her plenty of space and waiting for it to stop often helps with fitting dogs. hug
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:53 am

No, your fine.  hug

It was mid morn, not bright sunshine, the blinds were still closed. Just a filtered light. She had no idea what was happening to her till the siezure stopped. Then she fled in fear, not knowing what had happened. Her aggression was nothing but fear & not understanding what happened to her. She was in self protect mode, not fight mode. Though both look similar, they are not the same.

I just sat on the floor, not looking at her, talking quietly, calmly, soothing her. I did not go to her when she showed fear based aggression. I just sat on the floor till she calmed down.

Once she felt ok, secure, safe, calmed... she came to me for a hug, love & kisses. I waited for her!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Bless her! It must have been frightening for both you and her. hug
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:01 pm

Poor little mite. She must have been so scared!

At least she's home now and can relax.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:11 pm

Though it was awful to wake up to, it was 10xs worse for her. hug
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:27 pm

She's so lucky that you were aware of her plight & could sympathise with calmness & patience.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:31 am

hug A seizure is frightening and no matter how 'ready' you think you are it's still a shock. Poor Molly.
I'd also say the stress and excitement got to her.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:28 am

I've never had a dog with epilepsy. I wasn't prepared for a siezure as her pills seemed to have counteracted her fits quite early in her diagnosis. 

Frightened the "be jesus" out of me! Next time (which I hope for her never occurs) I will be far more aware, even if I am asleep. It wont be such a shock.

I believe that.... she was at the salon that morn, but her "normal" groomer was sick. Mum said it was the 1st time Molly didn't want to stay. (Molly loves gettong groomed & fussed on).Stress! Then I met them in a carpark in a strange town & took her away. More stress! Next, she was at my house... woo hoo... my friends! She was so happy to see them. Yet more stress/excitement.  I think it all compounded. 

She has been fine since being at home with her normal routine.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:36 am

Poor thing, it was all just too much for her!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down