All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mylo needs a new home :(

+4
Caryll
tracyp
LyndaW
Mylo14
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mylo needs a new home :( - Page 2 Empty Mylo needs a new home :(

Post by Mylo14 Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

As most of you know we've held off as long as we can with this especially after Joseff's allergies.

Back in November my other half was involved in a horrible accident which has left him paralysed in one leg (no feeling in the left leg). Since then we've struggled with many things one of which is walking mylo. He was doing fine outside having the run of the garden but of late he's constantly escaping. We bought toys after toys to keep him entertained but we can no longer give mylo what he needs.

I don't want to sell him on animal pages as around here there are a lot of people buying dogs to use in fights.

I was thinking the rspca. But I'm still worried he'll end up with people who want him to fight.

I was hoping you may know of someone who is looking for a dog like mylo that they're able to give hi what he needs, he's amazing, can be a tad mischievous on times but what dog isn't?

Hope you can help

Shawnee xxxxx

Mylo14

Names of Dogs : Mylo

Back to top Go down

Mylo needs a new home :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Mylo needs a new home :(

Post by Mylo14 Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:27 pm

We have tried every option, it has reached the point where nothing at all is working. I don't want him to start acting out because we can't give him what he needs.

I just hope Anthonys friend is able to take him in, that way we can still see him often.

It'll be easier for him to go to someone that we know, and easier for us as it won't be goodbye, it'll be a see you later

He's like my child, it's been heart breaking

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:05 am

I can't imagine what you have been going through!

I hope Anthony's friend can take him, it'll be a weight off your mind.
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:23 pm

That would be a great outcome - I have fingers and paws crossed hug
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:27 am

Any news?
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:59 am

Anthonys friend didn't work out. Her dog kept attacking mylo all the time sad he settled well, but her dog didn't like another dog being there.

He's home with us again now. I just really don't know what to do now sad he's starting to whine a lot because he wants to go for a walk sad
I've taken him to the vets to make sure it's not from pain and he can't detect anything. He's said it's probably boredom and wants to go for a walk so desperately sad he hasn't had a good walk/run since November. Only the garden

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:42 am

Can you play any mind games with him? Things like hide and seek with his food, using his nose to search for food under cups, learning the name of different toys to fetch? If you can teach him things where he has to use his mind, it may get rid of some of his frustration at not being walked. I feel for you - good luck.
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:57 am

I've tried all that, he's not having any of it. He just wants a walk sad

I really don't know what to do now.

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:06 am

Have you tried this organisation:

https://www.borrowmydoggy.com/ It may be a possibility, where you get to keep Mylo, but someone else can exercise him for you?
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:21 am

I can't afford to straight face this is my dilemma. Anthony is no longer in work, so money is very tight.

That's why he'd have to be rehomed, we just can't give him what he needs anymore. Neither of us can walk him, and can't afford to employ someone to do it for us.

He would have to be rehomed sad

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:24 am

I don't know what the 'joining fee' is, but it's not paying for a dog walker, it's an organisation that matches up people who want to walk dogs with those who want their dogs walked.
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:38 am

It really isn't an option straight face

We're back and forth to the hospital constantly, there wouldn't be anyone here to let them in to get mylo. And I woudnt trust a dog walker with a key to my house.

We've looked at every option and have tried everything. It's simply not fair on mylo at all.

As sad as it is, we have to get him rehomed. Anthonys condition will never improve only worsen, mylo is a big dog, I'm shocked he's lasted this long without begging for walks

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:22 pm

i dont normally agree with it but you are going to have to advertise him on the internet. you can just wait for rescues, he will go mad and become a pest and noone will end up wanting him anyway. kennels don't suit dogs like him. i you both cant walk him, get him rehomed asap. sorry but its going on too long now.
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:48 pm

It's what we've been trying to do...

Don't you think I know it's been going on for too long? He has the garden to play in, but it's not enough. It was, but now it's not.

He is advertised in vets around me. He's a wanted dog for fighting around by me, if I advertise him online and someone buys him, chances are he'll be passed on for something like that.

He won't become a pest because he still gets attention, discipline and love. He just whines a lot because he wants to have a good run and mountain walk like he used to have.

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:47 pm

Sorry, but I agree with Shawnee on that - if she advertises him randomly, he could end up with the wrong people. sad

I'm sure he's receiving the best attention possible under the current circumstances. It must be frustrating, not being able to give him the exercise that he needs, but unfortunately there's no handbook to tell you exactly how to react in this sort of situation.

Have you had any more luck with local rescue centres?
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:07 pm

I would keep on and on at the local rescue centres and the husky/husky cross rescue sites I mentioned earlier.

Yes, you'll be a pain, but somebody good might turn up!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:46 pm

Not sure why a husky would be wanted for fighting tbh.

I'm stepping out now.
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:52 pm

I don't think Shawnee means that Mylo would be used as a fighting dog, but could be taken & used as a bait dog.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:21 pm

I'm doing all I can for Mylo. It's stressful enough without people telling me it's going on too long. It's not like I've jumped at the idea of rehoming immediately. I have tried everything I can and it's simply not working.

I'm ringing them every two days lol. There is one called Hope, which are currently looking for a foster home for him where he'll stay until they find him a forever home.
Mylo is an amazing dog and it's tearing me apart having to do this.

Around by me, collies, huskys are number one for dog fighting and bait dogs. By me adversitising mylo anywhere where I live, Id be too scared he'd be put into that situation.

So please, quit making it seem that I'm not doing enough for mylo or that he wouldn't be used for fighting or as bait. You clearly don't come from where I do so you simply cannot comment on that situation. I'm hormonal enough as it is and hayley, you're just stressing me out further.

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:48 pm

The Hope one sounds promising! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

hug You have a family to think of and, by the sound of it, you're under a lot of stress right now. If I was in your position, I'd be upset and stressed as well. Hopefully the search for the foster home will turn up some good results! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:36 pm

I agree with Hayley, advertise him. You can home check and get vet references, do good follow ups. At least it opens you up to more chances of finding a home instead of hoping for a miracle. You don't have to give him to the first person that contacts you.

If his behaviour keeps escalating you are going to have a problem dog on your hands.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:13 pm

hes advertised in vets and that's as far as I'll advertise him. Honestly, you have no idea how bad the dog fighting is around by me. It's all well and good doing vet checks and home checks, but if I put it in a different context for you. How many children are abused a year and it goes unnoticed by professionals? Teachers, doctors, friends etc are gobsmacked that a child they knew was abused.
Those who abuse dogs and use them as bait and fighting are quite the same.
All the dog rescues I have asked for help to so many checks and check ups and random visits for the first few months no one who buys dogs to fight will bother getting a dog from those rescues.

I don't get why everyone is saying his behaviour will escalate, it hasn't even escalated already. He has just become Wingy. As I'm sure all of you would if you were used to a few miles walk a day. He is a perfectly disciplined dog. He won't become a problem to so quit saying it. Starting to regret posting on this forum.
I asked for advice on what to do, I said what can't be done. If you're going to comment please read everything said first.
I'm sitting her crying from this.

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:00 pm

I know it's hard, but keep hoping, keep ringing and something will turn up. hug
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:31 pm

I'm so sorry that you have been upset Shawnee. We are all trying to help and are hoping for the best outcome for you and Mylo, unfortunately messaging and emails can sometimes come across "different" from what was intended (I know I've upset some people in the past unintentionally myself) so do please put this behind you hug

I feel sure in myself that you will be able to rehome Mylo successfully. It's fortunate that he isn't a Staffy as I first supposed; as we all know the system is overloaded with Staffies looking for a new home.

To move on ...... have you tried South Wales Animal Rescue? "To contact us, please email us on southwalesanimalrescue@hotmail.com or give us a call on one of the numbers below.
Caz 07968 563722 Caroline 01639 776206
Main email addres, please contact us on this email - southwalesanimalrescue@hotmail.co.uk"

info@8belowhuskyrescue.co.uk (nationwide but may be able to help)

Huskiesinneed@gmail.com (also nationwide, £50 donation required if dog is taken on)

http://heartwelfare.co.uk/contact#.VSVyh410yM8 (Husky site)

It may take a little time to find Mylo's new home, but don't despair! And do please keep in touch with us - we care about you and your family as well as Mylo! empathy
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:02 pm

Shawnee, there has only been one mention of his behaviour suffering - mostly we've been trying to help.

I do understand your comments about the dog fighters- so many dogs nowadays are taken as bait dogs,and I wouldn't take that chance either.

Just keep on contacting the rescue centres & it wouldn't hurt to contact the husky/husky cross rescues as they might be able to put you in touch with somebody close to you.

You must be going through hell at the moment, and we really do feel for you; I honestly can't imagine what it must be like for you.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:55 pm

Well good luck to Mylo.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2