All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P

+5
LyndaW
Amber
Caroline
ella
Eleanor
9 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P - Page 2 Empty Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P

Post by Eleanor Sun May 25, 2014 5:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Probably only a small one, like a PLC. It's only a little thought buzzing around my head at the moment, as I don't think mum is too keen on the idea! laughing

What ever happens, it definitely won't be for a good while yet. One extra species is good enough for me and I want to focus on my stick insects. happy

Last edited by Eleanor on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P

Post by Eleanor Tue May 27, 2014 8:00 pm

We have so little space, it'd be very difficult to do that! laughing

Buuuuuuut... I've talked it over with mum and there may be a new, rather fluffier, addition to my room at some point! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P

Post by ella Tue May 27, 2014 8:03 pm

Well me and martin had the smallest studio flat when we first moved here, and still managed to fit the zoo in plus breeding live food, and everything was in one room with the bed being next to the kitchen side happy
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue May 27, 2014 8:07 pm

Good luck with your new fluffy, Eleanor!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue May 27, 2014 8:12 pm

ella wrote:Well me and martin had the smallest studio flat when we first moved here, and still managed to fit the zoo in plus breeding live food, and everything was in one room with the bed being next to the kitchen side happy

It's not the size of the place - it's the clutter! laughing Seriously, the only free space is literally in the kitchen and that's for food prep. I'll take a picture later to show you exactly what I mean.

LyndaW wrote:Good luck with your new fluffy, Eleanor!

Nothing's decided yet and it'll be a long way down the road, as I want to see if I can rearrange my bedroom to accommodate it. Thank though! happy

Guess what it is! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Tue May 27, 2014 8:14 pm

We didn't have clutter but just THE smallest flat ever made!
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue May 27, 2014 8:17 pm

laughing Unfortunately, a certain male in the house insists on filling every tiny bit of space! The walls are covered in a coating of framed pictures, old farming equipment, book shelves, random lumps of whatever, etc.. Every table is loaded with ornaments, picture frames, etc.. It's ridiculous! laughing It's also what I'm used to though, so it's not too bad.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue May 27, 2014 9:01 pm

Yes, although the place is quite small, that isn't the problem - my oh cannot abide seeing space anywhere; it drives me bonkers!!

But Eleanor has worked a few things out and decided on..............

..........guess!!!!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue May 27, 2014 9:03 pm

laughing It's gotten to the point where we both exchange looks of dread when he starts a sentence with, "Oh, this looks good!"

happy happy happy happy happy I'm already doing tons of online research and melting over pictures!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue May 27, 2014 10:42 pm

I'm guessing - guinea pig. They are lovely pets, cannot recommend them too highly.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue May 27, 2014 11:05 pm

Nope, but similar size! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue May 27, 2014 11:20 pm

If we're still talking fluffy - gerbil? chinchilla?
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue May 27, 2014 11:32 pm

Well, sort of fluffy. tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed May 28, 2014 6:02 am

A rat?
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Wed May 28, 2014 7:14 am

Hedgehog happy
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed May 28, 2014 9:26 am

laughing Hedgie!

I've wanted one for aaaaages! Made the obsession even worse when I got to work with a couple on my duties. I love them! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed May 28, 2014 11:17 am

Little hedgie! love 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed May 28, 2014 11:23 am

Cute!!!

Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed May 28, 2014 11:24 am

It's a little way off yet, but it's something to plan for!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed May 28, 2014 1:57 pm

I said before the planning that I wouldn't get my hopes up. Pfft, what a lie! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Wed May 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Aww a little Hedgie  love 
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed May 28, 2014 4:24 pm

I'm really excited! happy

My bedroom is an absolute tip, so I'll have to clean it out properly. It's better than it was, but still way too much clutter to even fit a hamster in it. I've already figured out where the hedgehog, if I do get one, will go. tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Wed May 28, 2014 6:56 pm

what about a rescue hedgie? like our older 2 were?
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed May 28, 2014 6:58 pm

So jealous! Can't wait for the pics.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed May 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Ella, it would only ever be a rescue. happy There's a reptile place nearby which sells hedgehogs, but I did some (very limited amount of) work there a few years ago and was appalled. In half a day, they'd managed to lose a dangerous tarantula in the shop, allowed a Springer Spaniel from the grooming area to run into a busy road, allowed a tree frog to escape, and more. I also learned later on that the 'care' they give to young animals is atrocious, with most of their Bearded Dragons developing MBD due to failure to provide proper supplementation.

It will definitely be a rescue hedgehog. tongue

Jealous? You have lions next door! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed May 28, 2014 8:13 pm

Ah, that will be lovely Eleanor! Potentially more affectionate than a chameleon as well! I'll be looking forward to your photos ....
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next