All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Dangerous Dogs' - what did you think?

4 posters

Go down

'Dangerous Dogs' - what did you think? Empty 'Dangerous Dogs' - what did you think?

Post by Eleanor Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:01 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/10712786/Dangerous-Dogs-ITV-review.html

What did people here think? I didn't watch it, as I was apprehensive about the nature of it.

I've heard mixed opinions, mainly about the part with the dog warden and the Akita Inu. I've watched that clip and to be quite honest, I don't see the problem. Yes, she was harsh, but she had to get a scared, strong and potentially fear-aggressive dog to safety. She rescued the dog, who otherwise would have led a miserable life.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

'Dangerous Dogs' - what did you think? Empty Re: 'Dangerous Dogs' - what did you think?

Post by LyndaW Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:45 pm

I've been trying to watch it on Catch Up but the ITV site is down. We didn't have it on last night because if there was any barking it would have set Kuchar off.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

'Dangerous Dogs' - what did you think? Empty Re: 'Dangerous Dogs' - what did you think?

Post by Eleanor Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:47 pm

Dempsey does that as well!

I'm hoping to watch the programme in full tomorrow.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:09 am

You no my views it was an utter disgrace
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:50 am

There seem to be very mixed views. I didn't see it so I can't really comment, but from what I've heard there were some dreadful areas of bias & one or two damning things about dog wardens & the police. sad 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:36 am

Might watch the entire thing later on happy So many mixed opinions about it, I'm quite curious to see what the fuss is about.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:31 pm

I've watched it now.

I'd agree that the warden with the Akita did shriek and yell, and had possibly roused the dog up more by continually opening and shutting the main door when she couldn't stand the stench. She was also obviously scared as she had been bitten badly by a previous dog, and was also worried that the Akita would be too strong for her to manage. In that particular case I do think she should have asked for a stronger person to take over.

The neglect and starvation of the other dogs was shocking, as was the casual breeding of puppies to sell for a few pounds to whoever would have them. It would be good to learn that these people were subsequently banned from owning a dog ever again.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:33 pm

Agreed. Handled wrong, but in a way it's understandable.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:02 am

Not understandable to me if she acts like that and has such a fear of dogs, she shouldn't be in the job
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:23 pm

I was referring to her behaviour on its own; if she's afraid of dogs, she's likely to be on edge. In her present job, obviously it isn't appropriate. happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:47 pm

Fair enough hun happy
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Bless her, her heart is in the right place but maybe front-line duties aren't for her.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:17 pm

happy

Watched the video again just now. I'm wondering if she reacted in the same way before, during the incident that led to her being bitten.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Guess we'll never know. But the constant opening and shutting of the door because of the poo/smell/spider can't have helped the dog's anxiety levels, apart from the fear that she was obviously feeling about being bitten and the dog's strength, which the dog would obviously have picked up on. I just don't feel that she should be front-line duties, at least for a while until she settles down.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Agreed. Unfortunately, there's no room for open fear and/or panic in that line of work.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:38 pm

exactly.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down