All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Devoted owner or neglectful owner?

5 posters

Go down

Devoted owner or neglectful owner? Empty Devoted owner or neglectful owner?

Post by Eleanor Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:18 pm

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/368192/I-m-the-mad-dog-lady-Woman-spends-30-000-pampering-her-NINE-pooches

I vote neglectful.

Rather than wear out prized pooch Bambi with tiresome walks, the 25-year-old pushes her in one of three baby buggies - but only when there's no room in her handbag.

angry Pretty sure I don't even have to say what's wrong with that.

The dogs have their own bedroom, and their wardrobe is bursting with 500 elaborate outfits, which can cost up to £50 each.

Emmie splashes out on shoes for the dogs at £20 a pair to match their clothes, and has invested in hats, bows and sunglasses to add the finishing touch to an outfit. The dogs wear everything from three-piece suits and bridal gowns to velour tracksuits and feather boas.

"They're like my babies," said Emmie. "I spend all of my money on my dogs. "I don't buy myself new clothes. I don't spend any money on myself; it all goes on the dogs.

Emmie, who owns her own mobile dog grooming business, often ends up taking her work home to make sure her dogs always look their best.

She said: "I give them a paw-dicure and all of them have had their nails painted. I also dye their fur bright colours with food dye or proper fur dye.

So basically, they're fashion accessories. Can't stand it when people dress up their dogs, paint their claws and dye their fur. I understand posing a dog in a funny hat or similar for a photo, but otherwise it's just humanising the dog. I don't doubt that she loves the dogs, but they should be treated as dogs - treating them as humans is unfair.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Devoted owner or neglectful owner? Empty Re: Devoted owner or neglectful owner?

Post by Hayley Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:41 pm

I think people who act like this have a mental problem. I'm sure you know i'm old school, and as much as i adore my animals and put them first and foremost, they are and always will be treated like the animal they are. A dog is a dog, and should be treated as a dog.

I hate to think of the behavioural problems they have...anxiety, aggression etc..
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:45 pm

I agree with you. A dog is a dog and it wouldn't be fair to treat it like anything other than a dog. The only times Dempsey has ever had clothes have been dog fleeces/coats to keep him warm during the winter, as he feels the cold, and the occasional hat perched on top of his head for a photo. I certainly would never paint a dog's claws or dye his fur!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:35 pm

I baby our dogs but hope I get the balance right
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:53 pm

There is a huuuuge difference between babying them and putting them in a onsie and pram!
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:30 pm

I think most people who love their dogs tend to go a bit over the top sometimes, but not to that extent!

The woman's crackers!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:33 pm

This woman is treating her poor dogs like dollies, not dogs. A mental aberration I'm afraid  sad 

LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:45 pm

The part that irritates me the most is the pram. That's sheer, knowing neglect. Dogs need exercise and this woman is treating her dogs like children's toys, rather than living, breathing animals.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down