All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elderly Staffordshire Bull Terrier walks again with the aid of a mobility chair

+2
LyndaW
Eleanor
6 posters

Go down

Elderly Staffordshire Bull Terrier walks again with the aid of a mobility chair Empty Elderly Staffordshire Bull Terrier walks again with the aid of a mobility chair

Post by Eleanor Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:07 am

Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Elderly Staffordshire Bull Terrier walks again with the aid of a mobility chair Empty Re: Elderly Staffordshire Bull Terrier walks again with the aid of a mobility chair

Post by LyndaW Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Oh what a dear old dog love

I've seen the occasional dachshund, and once a GSD, in similar devices.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Elderly Staffordshire Bull Terrier walks again with the aid of a mobility chair Empty Re: Elderly Staffordshire Bull Terrier walks again with the aid of a mobility chair

Post by Eleanor Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:29 pm

I've never seen one out for a walk, but I've seen quite a few at dog events! Mainly little terriers, a couple of Staffords and (I think) a spaniel. I think they're incredible little devices! happy The dogs seem perfectly happy with them!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:47 pm

I saw them bowling along the pavements on walkies, and the dogs did look perfectly happy.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:45 pm

That's sweet.

Because my Pugsley's going to end up in one I keep check into wheelchairs for dogs every now and then. How they redesign and upgrade them to be better is quite fascinating. Dog medical care, devices and medication have improved so dramatically in the last few years.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:49 pm

Oh that's great.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:13 am

Wonderful!

I know some people don't like them, but if the dog's happy, I'm all for it!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:32 am

Exactly! happy

I bet Pugsley will love his!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:27 pm

Bless. I generally don't like these kind of things, but the look on Zooks face tells you he is not ready to go to rainbow bridge yet!
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:46 am

It gives dogs a chance to live out their lives.
My mum went through a tough decision with her Storm and his deteriorating knees. In the end she had to have him put to sleep at 6 years old because of his size (75kgs). She wouldn't have been able to pick him up and move him, or hold him to strap him into a wheelchair. A happy, healthy dog dead at 6 because of a knee problem. It's not right.
Pugsley will need his in a few years. We've done everything we can but they're so bad. I'm not killing a sweet 4/5 year old, healthy dog because he can't get up and down stairs or run unaided.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:34 am

Shisa wrote:
Pugsley will need his in a few years. We've done everything we can but they're so bad. I'm not killing a sweet 4/5 year old, healthy dog because he can't get up and down stairs or run unaided.

Absolutely! If the dog is happy with a wheelchair, then give it a go. Obviously, not all dogs will accept them, but most will!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:31 am

I'd give just about anything a go for mine. A wheelchair/cart can help them still run, play & have heaps of fun!
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down