All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You just never know what a day will dish up.

5 posters

Go down

You just never know what a day will dish up. Empty You just never know what a day will dish up.

Post by tracyp Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:43 pm

You know I always meet the nicest of people on our walks.  love  Con always says, yeah, yeah, sure you do...(well i do, often.) but today he finally saw it for himself.  tongue

I normally walk them as Con's at work but today he was off so..... we both took them for a short walk not to overdo jess as it was our normal walkies time & she was so excited I couldn't go without her.

We met a man named "gary" in the street. He had with him a newly rescued/adopted brindle staffy named zara of 2yrs. 1/2 tysons size! She was just tiny & gorgeous! We all stopped, said hello, he asked... can they meet? Yeah! Sure!...I'm tracy, this is con, hi gary nice to meet you, who's this little one! (Background history, bless her.)... Ohhhh... that's jess, dont worry, She won't hurt her... he's tyson... We had a chat for ages & alot of play & heaps of bum sniffs. The dogs, not me. Though he (gary was cute, I dont think con would have been happy if I'd joined in with the dogs.)  rolling on floor Twas very social. A beautiful meeting for all puppies.  love

I looked to my left to see a man sitting in his front yard.... "hi" he said. What lovely dogs.. thank you...........ok?...... you have a snake out for a walk?  shocked   (Yes, it was a litte unusual to find a man & his snake playing in the front yard!  shocked ) Yes, he said, this is Missy! About 1.5mtr. Wow! She was gorgeous! An olive python of 2 yrs. She will be enormous. ...4 mtrs when grown. I had to have  a hold/pat!  He was worried the dogs would harm her, & rightfully so! We all kept the dogs away as I played with her. Just gorgeous, she was beautiful. So sleek, muscular, strong &very heavy!

I gave jess to con to hold while he spoke to "gary"& zara. Missy had just shed a few days ago. What beautiful colours she had.  love   I know many dont like snakes but I actually admire their beauty & grace. She was beautiful, gentle, yet very strong & so heavy for just two yrs, about 10 kg. Her owner was Adam, about 10 houses up from me. It seems I am welcome to hold her anytime. She was beautiful!

We walked down the street with gary & zara then went inside. Now I know 2 more local puppies. (Or snakes?) laughing
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

You just never know what a day will dish up. Empty Re: You just never know what a day will dish up.

Post by Lorraine Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Lovely! I've always wanted a snake, but hubby say no. He doesn't often say no, so I let him have this one.
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

You just never know what a day will dish up. Empty Re: You just never know what a day will dish up.

Post by tracyp Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:33 pm

I love snakes, but most are misunderstood. I used to work with venomous snakes & spiders to protect our opals, diamonds & gold. Beautiful as they are....., when they regurgitate mouse or rat bones & fur, that is not a smell you want in your house! sick

I'd go with hubby on this one unless you have shares in glenn 20.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:58 pm

What's glenn 20? I have no sense of smell though...... happy
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:53 pm

Glad to hear that Jess is out and about again, and that you all had a lovely day.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:10 pm

Lorraine wrote:What's glenn 20?  I have no sense of smell though...... happy

Well thats a good thing if you have a snake inside a day or 2 after feeding it. laughing  

Glenn 20 is a disinfecting spray can with a pretty smell to cover & kill nasty smells & germs.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:15 pm

LyndaW wrote:Glad to hear that Jess is out and about again, and that you all had a lovely day.

Shes doing really well Lynda. Not back up to speed but she'll be ok in the next day or so. thumbs up
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:47 am

Sounds like a lovely walk. Glad Jess is doing better, must be a huge relief.

As for snakes ... I admire them when they're safely behind a thick pane of glass. I once threw someones very expensive, albino, something python into a screaming crowd because the stupid fecker wouldn't remove it from my shoulders where he had draped it. Without permission.
And yes, they stink. My cousin had snakes and the smell was rather off putting.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:16 am

Snakes....ugh!

Sorry, I just don't like them.
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:55 pm

Shisa wrote:Sounds like a lovely walk. Glad Jess is doing better, must be a huge relief.

As for snakes ... I admire them when they're safely behind a thick pane of glass. I once threw someones very expensive, albino, something python into a screaming crowd because the stupid fecker wouldn't remove it from my shoulders where he had draped it. Without permission.
And yes, they stink. My cousin had snakes and the smell was rather off putting.

It was a great walk!  clapping   Jess is up & mobile & I got to play with a python. It kind of stinks badly when they regurgitate. sick
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum