All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a lovely evening for so many reasons.

+2
Caryll
tracyp
6 posters

Go down

What a lovely evening for so many reasons. Empty What a lovely evening for so many reasons.

Post by tracyp Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:43 pm

Our friends came over with their teens for a bbq. I'd filleted the snapper and mr fisherman's wife (Spok's mum) marveled.... you filleted it? happy Yes! I did! Con is no fisherman!  My dad taught me when I was a teen. God rest his soul! love But it's 20 yrs since I did it & never one this big!

Mr fisherman was impressed i could fillet a fish that big. happy  Complimented my skill instead of noticing I had sliced the fillet too many times. It should be one or 2 smooth cuts but it was heavy, I couldn't hold it so I did 4 cuts to clear the spine.

Anyway....We had a wonderful bbq, the snapper was magnificent,  with everyone talking cheek (teens inc) & laughing madly. Remembering 23 / 25 yrs ago(depends on who you ask but mrs fisherman is probably right. 25 yrs ago.)  laughing Couple of wines with dinner, the teens playing with the dogs, all of them running & chasing each other, Dogs & teens, mental! We sensible people sat eating & drinking as they all tried to take down a dog or human.  laughing Sooty wandering around as we ate. laughing After dinner, the dad sitting with Tyson on his lap, patting him. He was so happy to have a dog on his lap, licking his face again. He sneaky pat Jessup for ages as he thought no one noticed. cool We all did but.... not a comment even from the kids.

What a beautiful night with great people.

I think Spok's dad is ready to welcome another dog into his life now. It was soooo lovely to see how his sadness is now turning into wanting to share with another dog again. love

A better night I don't think I remember after seeing him change his emotions & thoughts, playing with mine & that twinkle come back to his eye when he gives & recieves love & plays with a dog!. love

What a beautiful evening! I love that he loved his dog but wants to love another. What a beautiful family. hug
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

What a lovely evening for so many reasons. Empty Re: What a lovely evening for so many reasons.

Post by Caryll Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:01 pm

A beautlful night to remember! love
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

What a lovely evening for so many reasons. Empty Re: What a lovely evening for so many reasons.

Post by LyndaW Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:53 pm

Ah that sounds like a perfect evening - well done Tracy!

LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:50 pm

Trully a lovely evening. hug

He was upset before if the kids laughed as he thought they had just "forgotten" Spok.  Last night he watched his kids play with mine and heard... (as the dogs chased them) spokie used to do that! Remember when spok did....

He finally realized they had not forgotten him! They just dealt with it differently to him.

We were due to go to their house but "mum" wanted to come here so "dad" had to be with dogs. "Mum's" judgement was spot on! It worked a treat.love

Not that the men knew...she & I had our own agenda. happy

It was just so beautiful to see his eyes light up & his smile come back as Tyson accosted him. hug
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:13 am

The love of a dog can heal so much hurt! love
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:23 am

It sure can! love

But I'm guessing his legs hurt today. He had shorts on & Tyson likes to pat (dig) on your leg to get your attention. rolling on floor
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:29 am

Sounds like an awesome evening.
A new dog is a bandage over the wound the loss of the old made.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:07 am

Sounds like a lovely day! happy love
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:43 pm

Yes, I am still seeing all their faces light up.  love Twas just so beautiful to see my friends smile, play & show love again. I have never smiled so silently. Another dog is not too far off, once they find the right breeder for them.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:26 am

That sounds like a lovely evening and a good plan by your friend happy
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:49 pm

hug
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down