All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tommy's best ever critique :D

5 posters

Go down

Tommy's best ever critique :D Empty Tommy's best ever critique :D

Post by Dave Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:40 pm

Just got this one last night from the North of Scotland Champ Show we went to Bank Holiday Weekend , haven't put any on for a while but had to post this , so proud of Ginge

Left the general start bit in from the Judge and the critique for the 2nd place dog so you can get a feel for it  but I feel like printing this one out and framing it , the "fire in his belly " bity was a referral to him making himself known to be top dog in the ring having a bit growl and a damn good stare out of the enemy

NORTH OF SCOTLAND S.B.T.CLUB
CHAMPIONSHIP BREED SHOW 24.08.2014.

I would like to thank the N of S.S.B.T.Club for the opportunity to judge their Championship Breed Show and award C.C.s for my first time was an absolute honor and my pleasure to do so. I would like to thank my two ring stewards John & Shona McConnachie for doing a super job on the day and keeping it all running so smoothly. I would also like to say a big thank you to the both of them for looking after me all weekend their hospitality was top class. I would like to say a big thank you to all the exhibitors for their entry’s on the day without you it would not have been possible and also for the way you received my decisions on the day, it was a fantastic show and had a brilliant atmosphere, the preparation and work that must have been done is an absolute credit to everyone that was involved in the making and the running of the show. On the day the quality of dogs was excellent especially in the higher class’s and especially the open dog class with some excellent dogs going home not being placed. I would like to wish the N of S.S.B.T.Club members its committee and all its exhibitors every success for the future many thanks again.

Class 7 Post Graduate Dog ( 4,1 )
1st McKIMM, FERGIESTAFFS OLYMPIC FLAME, Dark Red & White Dog. Bang on the standard, Lovely clean head shape, neat rose ears, dark eye, good under jaw with a perfect scissor, lovely front & feet, right up on his toes, good rib, well cut in the loin, very good backend, lovely top line which he held on the move, super coat & condition, moved & handled very well with a fire in his belly.
2ND PATRICK, WELSHSTAFF LAST GASP, Black/Brindle Dog. Top size, super head shape, broad deep skull, deep chiseled stop, small neat ears, good dark eye, perfect scissor bite, not as clean in the foreface as one, very good front & feet, good rib, good strong backend, move & handled well, could do with a couple of pounds off but a very nice dog.
3rd CROSBY, QUATROS RED ARCHIBALD.

TERRY WOOD ( BULTERY ).]
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Tommy's best ever critique :D Empty Re: Tommy's best ever critique :D

Post by LyndaW Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Thanks for posting this Dave - we all LOVE to hear how Tommy is faring.

This critique is so accurate imho.

I don't want to criticise the judge today, but "fire in the belly" just didn't seem to be his particular "thing" !
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:10 pm

He didnt finish judging the Staffords until after 3.30 , they started group for the terriers and just put the Stafford in at the end when they were finished . Just not his type on the day , preference seemed to be heavier dogs and lighter bitches , he did pick some really nice dogs and bitches though today .
Dave
Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:24 pm

Different judges have different opinions don't they. It was a very interesting experience - I just wish I had had the stamina to see it all through!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:23 am

Nice critique! And, from what I've seen of Tommy, spot on. thumbs up
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Caryll wrote:Nice critique! And, from what I've seen of Tommy, spot on. thumbs up

Gave me the confidence to take the judge on the day and not over criticise our handling. Fergiestaffs Olympic Flame is now a Limit Dog . We also got invited to the SBT Annual yesterday
Dave
Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:04 pm

Dave, I didn't mention it yesterday but your handling was perfect! Calm, confident, keeping one eye on your dog and the other on the judge, and getting the best out of your dog at all times.

Congratulations on getting invited to the SBT Annual and getting raised to Limit! dance
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:07 pm

Cheers Lynda , not so much getting raised ( 7 wins in PGD for that one ) as taking a chance with the big boys. At the end o the day he may as well do me over in Limit as do me over in PG happy
Dave
Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:20 pm

Ah Dave, you've got enough experience under your belt now to take them on, and under your natural modesty you know it!

LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:23 pm

Dave, don't do yourself down - you've done fantastically well with Tommy & there's no reason to think it won't continue.

I'll be buying the annual next year!
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:33 pm

He's in the annual anyway for his win at NOS this is a little extra, not quite sure on the vanity yet though
Dave
Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:55 pm

That's brilliant, I would get that framed happy
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:19 pm

thumbs up
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum