All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your tried and tested HomeRemedies

+2
Eleanor
Shisa
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your tried and tested HomeRemedies - Page 2 Empty Your tried and tested HomeRemedies

Post by Shisa Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

These is for interests sake and not in place of veterinary care!!!
What are some of the home remedies you try before rushing to the vet?

I use normal tea to wipe and rinse gummy eyes. It really works a charm and the cooled tea bags are useful for swelling.

For hotspots I use some Apple cider vinegar or I disinfect anx put some mecurochrome (sp) on. Dries it out quickly. Aloe bitter gel also works.

For any rash/ contact allergy I wipe the area with some warm salt water and apply normal aloe gel.

To clean ears I use a drop of dish wash liquid, tablespoon of white vinegar and 4 tablespoons tepid water. Rinse out ear and sop up extra with cotton wool.

I had a staffy with a very severe allergy to grass. To soothe her skin I would put a cup of oats in a sieve, put 3 cups of boiling water in a bowl and keep pouring it through the oats till the water got thickish. I then added half a baby asprin and 3 tablespoons honey to it and stir.
I'd massage this into her skin after bathing with dish wash liq and leave for 15minutes before rinsing.
It helped soothe her irritated skin.

Again I'm just curious what works for you and these are not in place of veterinary care or recommendation.

Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Your tried and tested HomeRemedies - Page 2 Empty Re: Your tried and tested HomeRemedies

Post by Shisa Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:22 am

Just wanted to give this a bump.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2