All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Stafford being used as a 'sniffer' dog!

+2
Dave
Caryll
6 posters

Go down

Another Stafford being used as a 'sniffer' dog! Empty Another Stafford being used as a 'sniffer' dog!

Post by Caryll Tue May 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Another Stafford being used as a 'sniffer' dog! Empty Re: Another Stafford being used as a 'sniffer' dog!

Post by Dave Tue May 13, 2014 7:05 pm

good positive read , nice find happy
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Another Stafford being used as a 'sniffer' dog! Empty Re: Another Stafford being used as a 'sniffer' dog!

Post by Eleanor Tue May 13, 2014 7:09 pm

love
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue May 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Nice to see a Stafford (looks like a Stafford cross, but who cares?) getting positive press!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue May 13, 2014 8:15 pm

Very nice indeed Caryll.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Tue May 13, 2014 10:05 pm

It's good to see the police getting them - it gives a more positive press. I used to have a friend who had a failed sniffer dog. He was working as a civilian in the police force and ended up being offered this sniffer dog who wasn't cutting the mustard.

As an aside, a funny story. He left the police and became a prison officer. It was before I met Robin, he (the prison officer) was a strange one, extremely private and insular, he wouldn't even have a mobile phone as he found them intrusive. Anyway, he told me 'if you ever need anything, anything at all ring me at the prison.' He said they were not allowed to take private calls but messages would be taken and written on the whiteboard in the staff room.

So...I rang him at work, they said I couldn't speak to him but they would take a message, as I expected them to say. My message was 'This is the secretary of the Worshipfull Bretheren of the Order of Blacksmiths. Could you please inform our member that Morris Dancing practice has been cancelled for next Tuesday'. He never spoke to me for weeks.
Wendy
Wendy

Names of Dogs : Buster and Gus

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed May 14, 2014 7:07 pm

A sense-of-humour chip failure there. (Probably necessary for the job).
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed May 14, 2014 7:18 pm

Wendy wrote:So...I rang him at work, they said I couldn't speak to him but they would take a message, as I expected them to say. My message was 'This is the secretary of the Worshipfull Bretheren of the Order of Blacksmiths. Could you please inform our member that Morris Dancing practice has been cancelled for next Tuesday'. He never spoke to me for weeks.

rolling on floor rolling on floor 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Thu May 15, 2014 10:01 am

rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor CLASSIC!

I love seeing dogs excel in 'non traditional' jobs for a specific breed.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down