All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics)

4 posters

Go down

the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics) Empty the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics)

Post by Shisa Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:30 am

I'm again stealing my own post

We were called out to a property that had 3 dogs and a bunch of cats all in pretty bad condition. One cat had kittens and one had a damaged eye.
We got there and yup 3 dogs all tied up, 5 cats of which 2 had kittens and one kitten had an eye so badly hurt, it had burst.
We got them to give the kittens to us (we have had all the rest of the dogs and cats neutered). Took them to the vet and they all had sniffles plus the eye. It was a sever trauma that had caused the eye to rupture. Probably he was kicked. We put all the kittens in isolation (9 of them), doctored them and tamed them. Vet decided we could first try and save the eye (we need to think of costs as we pay everything ourselves) and then the owner could have the eye removed later.
Unfortunately Alex stayed more feral, he would hide the moment you got near the room. It was chase and tackle 3 times a day to give him his meds and that also did not help the issue.
In the end he was the only one left and getting more wild by the day; so I took him. This was last December. He came to work in his crate everyday. For the first 3 days he sat in the back of the crate, hissing if anyone came near. Luckily he didn't bite or scratch if you took him out. By day 5 he was sitting at the front of the cage, day 7 he was yowling to be let out and using the litterbox outside. I blocked of a space for him where we all walk by and everyone could give him some attention and after about 2 weeks he was settled like he'd been born in the shop. At home I had to keep him in a room as he couldn't stand the dogs.
That got better with time as well.
Then I decided to get him a playmate as he was so lonely, no-one wanted to play with him, and we had no-one who would take Fasih because of his health issues and his damaged eyes.

Fasih we caught, with his 2 sisters, on the farm I now rent. He was a very sweet kitten from day one and would run at you to get his bottle. Unfortunately he is very inbred (there were 3 cats on the farm brother, sister and a daughter) his grandfather is also his father. He has herpes that has scarred the surface of his eye severely, it also flares up every now and then and he gets a fever and off colour. Luckily it's easily amnaged. His eyes look like moons full of craters. You can see it with the naked eye.
Alex hated him for the first week I got him but now they are totally inseparable. You very rarely see them apart.

the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics) Alex1

the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics) Alex2

the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics) Alex3

Work is hard man!

the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics) Photo0315A

the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics) Photo0310A

Fasih was the ugliest kitten ever...

the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics) 2013-03-06

the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics) 2013-03-02004

First take the picture, then tell them to get off ...

the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics) Alex7

the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics) Alex6

the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics) Alex8
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics) Empty Re: the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics)

Post by Eleanor Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:38 pm

Poor things! sad So glad you were there to help them!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics) Empty Re: the stories of Alex and Fasih (Beware: Some gross pics)

Post by LyndaW Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:05 pm

that poor kitten's eye was horrendous. Well done Theresa for helping these poor little things  hug 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:33 am

Thank you.
You've got to do what you've got to do, is how I see it.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:36 am

A lot of other people would have just turned the other way and ignored it though. You did a really good thing by helping them! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:15 am

Its heartbreaking reading about the start in life some animals have but it's amazing to see what a change a little love and care can make. Lovely picture of them cuddling up  love 
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:24 pm

The ability that animals have to overcome their past is amazing. If we could live more in the present like they do it would make the world a better place.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:57 pm

I agree. They don't hold grudges or harbour resentment over the smallest things, like humans do. I think humans have a lot to learn from animals in general.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down